Sep 2, 2021
Austin/TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi All,
Animals are doing a feast with my cables and breaking them. Now was the turn for the 4-wire cable connection between the J-Box (cable soldered directly to the board) and the Aqualink RS controller board (red block terminals 1-4 color coded red/black/yellow/green), does anyone knows the cable specifications (#gauge, temp, etc) for that 4-wire cable? I know is not recommended to tamper and desolder/replace that cable, but I already tested that the cable is the only thing broken and being an old J-Box/Aqualink RS the only other option is to buy and have someone Jandy Certified to install an IQ30RS (that I should not install to keep the warranty), meaning $1100-1500 compared to a $30 cable.

@PoolGate what does the cable look like?

I would think any 22 gauge Cat5 cable can substitute.

Thanks guys, hope I could find these cables at Homedepot or Lowes...

Any 22 gauge 4 wire or more cable will do. A Cat5 cable will have 8 wires in it. You can use it as 4 pairs of 2 wire connections.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.