I've spent hours reading through posts on this forum, how did I miss

I have Fire Ants where I live. They are un-killable and they are some bad dudes. I would rather duke it out with a chupacabra, than battle fire ants!

As far as the pool goes, The best I can do is hope to try and hold them far enough away from the pool and deck that I can. I doesnt help that I have a flower bed the whole length down the side of my pool either.

Once a month every single month of the year, I use a whole bag of Ortho Fire Ant Killer and pour it all around the pool and deck and sprinkled around in the flower bed.

I mowed my lawn this evening and I have several mounds of them, maybe 7 or 8 that I can see. All the rain we have gotten here lately have brought them to the top. I have doused them with my Ortho Fire Ant Killer. They will be back though. They always come back. :(

I will second that about the fire ants. i killed a mound behind my fence line last weekend. that is only 8ft from my pool.

These work wonders. There is a version for east of the rockies and a west of the rockies.

I agree, these are great. I've got two strategically located and have only seen one yellowjacket since I got the 2nd one up.

I don't know what type of ant you have.
As far as I know, Fire Ants have not gotten as for North as your location. Pray with all your might, that they don't.
The ants that we have are deinitely not fire ants. The ants we get are black with wings. They don't die quickly either, it takes a good 10+ minutes to drown them in my net. I looked them up before and I believe that they may be carpenter ants. They spray a formic acid into the bite and feels like a terrible sting.

Reactions: Divin Dave
the way i kill the big mounds of fire ants around here is to pour some gasoline on them and set it on fire. just make sure you have a water hose close by. i almost caught my fence on fire last weekend. the smaller mounds i use this stuff Over 'n Out 11.5 lb. Fire Ant Killer-100524398 - The Home Depot seems to work pretty good. have tried it many times on the bigger mounds but each time i put it down it tends to rain. that is why i used the gasoline.

Amen to that. Last time I had a underground wasp/hornet nest I did the usual gas treatment. But flames shot out their back door hole 20 ft away. Whoops.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.