It's working! It's working!

redmaxx

Jun 30, 2021
Tucson, AZ
I suffered an injury leading to no pool maintenance for a week, and thus a super green pool. We couldn't get progress with calhypo so I read over all the advice and got 14 bottles of disinfecting concentrated bleach. Family has all taken turns scrubbing, vacuuming to waste and bleaching the heck out of it. We're seeing light at the end of the tunnel, it's almost blue again, just a bit hazy now.

I just want to say thanks for all the help and advice, and free pool math app. Also to other owners that your SLAM doesn't have to be perfect. We have a plain $30 test kit, supplemented with po store photometric testing. Chlorine sometimes dropped to 12 ppm but we're still getting it done. They were even surprised with how fast it went with no algaecide.

Next summer I'll get a FAS-DPD test kit for sure.

We also inherited a bigger Intex sand filter with mold and the best way filter that came with the pool was very poor at keeping debris out of the water. Since I never wanted to vacuum sand out of the filter again, I went with Dr Dryden's activate and it works really well. Very few floating particles. I know people swear by sand plus a little DE but I don't want that vacuuming experience again haha.

full

Reactions: redmaxx
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.