West Palm Beach/Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
So now that I am building my automation system, I figure I need a Stenner pump to dispense acid. I figure 10gpd should be enough or should I go for the 22gpd? Is there a good place that sells the whole kit? Other than the pump and the tank and tubing, what type of injection attachment or check valve should I get to put it in the T?

Also I am in a bit of quandary on where to put the T for the injection site. The only place that I see that I have room is the vertical pipe from the heater return. I am not thrilled about putting it there since it is close to the heater but I do have a check valve or I can run water through the heater when I need to dispense acid. Looking for some good advice here

Attachments

• A11DA17F-BAC9-467D-9035-AB706B03A9E4.jpeg
    A11DA17F-BAC9-467D-9035-AB706B03A9E4.jpeg
    688 KB · Views: 24
  • 15145B5B-2651-4799-9BCD-45E5AEA84345.jpeg
    15145B5B-2651-4799-9BCD-45E5AEA84345.jpeg
    510.8 KB · Views: 24
Why not drill and tap the elbow going to the pool return? Or the coupling right below it? I have Stenner I use for LC injection. I bought mine from Locke well and pump. I had a tank I got from a buddy free, and use that, Locke can sell you the "Kit" that has the pump, tank, and rain hat.

Edit: I used one of the ports on my old tab feeder as the injection point since it was already installed, it's downstream of all the other pool equipment, I wasn't using it anymore, and the fitting the Stenner comes with fit perfectly.

How are you going to control the automation, i.e. how small of increments can you control the run time ? Also how much is your daily acid demand and what strength acid are you injecting? These will help determine which pump to get (really tube, the pump is the same but the different tube sizes determine flow rate).

Drilling pipes is generally frowned up around here, and I am not sure if I trust it. I was hoping to stick one of these somewhere. I also want to put another one of these T in the intake to measure the temperature.

I am building a DIY controller, so I can pretty much control anything. I can move the valves to any position and turn the Stenner on or off on demand.

Last edited:
Maybe replace the coupling downstream of your salt cell? If you are careful you can cut out the union without damaging the pipes inside, then swap in a Tee connection.

If you search the forum for Stenner installs, you will see lots of discussions where they talk about install points and discuss drilling and tapping for injection point installs. Many seem to do it this way with no long term problems.

I would just be leery of injecting acid ahead of the cell. Even though I have no experience with SWCG, I would be super cautious with such an expensive piece of equipment, especially not knowing what the implications would be for that really low pH going int the cell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.