It is Time.....

Congrats! Last weekend was the first for us here in the Philly area. Do you have a solar cover? Ours saves us a TON of propane, although it can be annoying to deal with sometimes.

Congrats! Last weekend was the first for us here in the Philly area. Do you have a solar cover? Ours saves us a TON of propane, although it can be annoying to deal with sometimes.

Ha - yes I do it is in the shed where it has been for 4 years. I hate putting it on and taking it off so don't use it anymore. I am resigned to burning the extra gas for the heat we'll lose. I need to toss it out actually it just takes up space.

We swam a bit last night temp was a nice 88. Dropped to 84 overnight and have the heater running for a few hours now. Set point is 90.

1621699695773.png

90??? It's a pool not a hot tub! Try 82-84, you will burn half the gas

Ha ha yeah my wife tells me I have spoiled her with my (very) warm pool water. She can't go back to even 88 anymore. We don't vacation almost at all. We got the pool specifically to enjoy our own property. Keeping it at 90 during the 3 month pool season probably costs me an extra $1k/year in gas over a more "reasonable" 85, but I sure hate swimming in "cold" water!

Reactions: Snoobug
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.