issues with opening the pool

Oct 18, 2015
Lancaster, PA
So this winter has actually been pretty calm in comparison to the previous two winters. However there are a number of issues that have arisen that I must deal with before the opening procedures can begin.

After the huge winter storm that hit us some of the neighborhood kids built a series of snowmen on top of the safety cover of my pool. I don't know if this will cause any problems but I would like to know if anyone has any ideas about this.

At the close of last season the guy at the pool store told me that my nitrate levels were dangerously high. Will that be fixed at all when I open again because of the relatively warm winter?|

Lastly, the cord of my pool cleaner keeps coiling around itself. How do I get it straight again?

After the huge winter storm that hit us some of the neighborhood kids built a series of snowmen on top of the safety cover of my pool. I don't know if this will cause any problems but I would like to know if anyone has any ideas about this. Probably not the best thing to allow for protecting the long term use and integrity of the cover?

At the close of last season the guy at the pool store told me that my nitrate levels were dangerously high. Will that be fixed at all when I open again because of the relatively warm winter? LOL, pool guys say that to scare you into buying phosphate remover products. Nitrates are no problem in a properly chlorinated pool. Nitrates are food for algae, but if you don't *have* algae...its no problem!

Lastly, the cord of my pool cleaner keeps coiling around itself. How do I get it straight again?
Try laying it out in the warm sun on the pool deck extending the hose straight.... it might help?

Try laying it out in the warm sun on the pool deck extending the hose straight.... it might help?

- The snowmen melted pretty quick so I don't know if they hurt the cover or not

- The pool guys did not try to sell me anything for the nitrates, they told me I would have to drain

- I already tried laying it out in the sun, didn't work. I'm thinking about getting a new cord this season and asking them to make sure it's not pre-coiled

- The snowmen melted pretty quick so I don't know if they hurt the cover or not Shoes? Cleats?

- The pool guys did not try to sell me anything for the nitrates, they told me I would have to drain Exactly how high are we talking here? Is your pool totally algae laden and difficult to fix the water? Do you rely on pool store testing for your chemistry?

Can you get us a full set of test results?

Please tell me you have a picture of the snowmen! LOL I bet they were cute!

I did not have any luck uncoiling a hose I bought from Lowes one time.......sun and hanging it from a tree with a weight on the bottom did not even work :( As soon as I took it down it coiled back up. Not as tight but........ I took it back and got one from Walmart that was not as tightly coiled to start with.

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.