bkaiser

Aug 27, 2020
san antonio TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We just had our pool replastered with Quartzscapes blue and I'm about a week into the brushing / break-in process, still working with the pool company's rep on the process. Since day one of refilling there has been white blotches all over that haven't come out with brushing. In addition, there is some areas of shadowing where the finish is especially rough, overall the pool looks very inconsistent and dirty because of the splotches. My pool rep says I need to wait longer to see if the spots come out but I'm not sure if that's a possibility? I've attached a few pics, its hard to see but I'm wondering if this is even remotely normal? They did a full chip out prior to replastering, then came back and replastered the whole pool in about 4 hours and had it filling with water about an hour later.

Attachments

• IMG_5732.JPG
    IMG_5732.JPG
    504.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5730.JPG
    IMG_5730.JPG
    368 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5729.JPG
    IMG_5729.JPG
    259.8 KB · Views: 18
OK -- best to wait until they complete their process. I would suggest you have your own proper test kit and start monitoring the water chemistry. Initial water chemistry can have long lasting effects on the quality of the plaster.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.