Issue with water pumping out of suction lines above pool water level.

keithw

Mar 30, 2007
Virginia Beach
Hello all. I had posted earlier about how both of my valves on the suction side (1x skimmer, 1x for the two bottom drains) were going bad and needing replacement. Well today I tried to take that project on and I have a weird issue that I had not forseen. Once I cut the two valves off, water is pumping out of both pipes from the pool. The pump area that I cut these out of is well above water level. I tried to hook a shop vac up to the skimmer line and I blew it out but as soon as I stop blowing water comes right back up through it. Any suggestions? I can plug off the skimmer line from the skimmer fairly easily to get that one done but the two bottom drains would be a problem.

I think my crisis has been averted and the laws of nature are still working. It looks like where I cut these valves of on the pad is in fact slightly lower than the water level of the pool. I am draining the pool down below the skimmer to confirm.

Keith,

I did the same thing... It was not obvious that where I cut the lines at the equipment pad were below the water level, but they sure were..

Just wanted to make sure you did not feel alone... :mrgreen:

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.