Is this vacuum hose end repairable?

anthonypool89

Gold Supporter
Aug 26, 2016
Berks County, PA
Over the past few years the swivel end that connects to my vacuum head kept coming off - not from vacuuming, but from using it to help lower the water level prior to closing. I have a metal coupler that attaches to my filter's discharge tube and then the hose fits on the coupler. I did some research and find that there are threaded ends sold, but would it work for this? The piece that's missing used to basically push on and lock in place, so I'm not sure that there is any way a threaded end would fit on this (?) Sometimes it seemed nearly impossible that the old end would come off once pushed back on, but if I pulled hard enough it would, and certainly under water pressure - like the way I used it - it has been blowing apart every time, resulting in a sort of geyser right at the filter tank!! Let me know what you think. If this can't be fixed, guess it goes in the trash.

The new hose I bought is not as good (I started a thread about this a few weeks ago) - swivel end kept coming off while vacuuming, so I drilled a hole through both the swivel end and vacuum head end so as to bolt the two together. Can't wait to see what happens when this new hose is also used for pressure rather than suction. Guess the hoses aren't meant for that sort of thing but I managed with this hose that way for well over 30 years. "Don't make 'em like they used to" might be applicable? 😯

IMG_0357.jpeg

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.