Is this PH good or not?

Hamzah

Apr 23, 2019
Thailand/Los Angeles
Hello, my name is Hamzah. I have a question. Do you think this PH level is good, or does it need a little bit of soda ash?

Thank you,

Attachments

• IMG_20190423_173638.jpg
    IMG_20190423_173638.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20190423_173606.jpg
    IMG_20190423_173606.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20190423_173618.jpg
    IMG_20190423_173618.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 50
Is there a better tool that I can use?
We recommend a TF-100 (link below in my signature) or the Taylor K-2006C. Both are very reliable and do all the testing needed for residential pool care. Check them out and see which one you might be able to order online and have shipped to your location. Good luck!

Reactions: Hamzah
Neither the TF-100 or the K-2006C can be purchased in Thailand.

Still, phenol red (that's your testing reagent) is phenol red and your pH is too low. Your test result should have a reddish look.......not yellow-orange.

the colors going from low pH to high pH are....
yellow 6.8 and lower
yellow orange 7.0
orange 7.2
orange red 7.4-7.5
red 7.6-7.8
red violet 8.0
violet 8.2 and higher

Last edited:
Reactions: Hamzah
Yes that's the only test kit tool that I have. Is there a better tool that I can use?

Hamzah,

Welcome to TFP! I see you list Thailand and Los Angeles as your location. Where is your pool? If your pool is in Thailand maybe you could ship the necessary kit to Thailand? I lived in Jakarta for over 4 years and found ways to get the materials needed, not usually from the normal channels in the US.

Chris

Hamzah,

Welcome to TFP! I see you list Thailand and Los Angeles as your location. Where is your pool? If your pool is in Thailand maybe you could ship the necessary kit to Thailand? I lived in Jakarta for over 4 years and found ways to get the materials needed, not usually from the normal channels in the US.

Chris
Hi Chris,
Where to get good test kit in Jakarta?
Thanks
Jonky

Hi Chris,
Where to get good test kit in Jakarta?
Thanks
Jonky

When I last lived there I had a chemical supplier. He had a way to get almost anything I needed. He even got me some nitro to mix up RC airplane fuel. The problem wasn't really getting them shipped, it was getting them in. It would cost some money but he was able to do it. I just needed to be very specific about what I wanted. This was the back in 87-91 so he may not be in business anymore. I believe it wasn't too far from Pondok Indah. Maybe you could approach your current chemical provider?

Chris

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.