Silver Supporter
Apr 24, 2017
Southern Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
After struggling getting my pool in line spring of last year (ammonia issues), it was a breeze all summer! I closed the pool in October by TFP recommendations and didn't look at it until this week, April 10th. The pool is crystal clear with a few leaves. But I was amazed at my numbers before actually getting the pump going. Is it normal to hold free chlorine all winter?
These are my numbers:
FC 7.5
CC 0.5
PH 7.4
TA 50
CC 325
CYA 30
We are leaving for a family vacation April 14th thru 22nd and I thought I should get the pool up and running before I leave, but it has been a really cool spring in southern Indiana this year. With these numbers, I'm wondering if I should just cover it back up and wait to open when we get home April 23rd? Thoughts?

Thanks, Maddie!

Think I should wait to get the pool up and running and just move the water around after adding the bleach, then cover it? Will it mix well enough?

We had problems getting the auto cover opened and by the time they fixed it, we haven't had time to open the lines and get it going, yet. I only tested the water.

Thanks, again!
Pam

Thanks, I didn't realize it would hold FC all winter. Good to know!

I have the aquabot in now. I think I'll add my bleach a little at a time around the pool and let the aquabot help mix it and also use the brush and close it back up until we get home. Then open.
Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.