Is This Algae?

Hello all,

Sorry for the poor pictures, it's hard to take closeups of things underwater or that are tiny. You can see some small "clumps" on the bottom of my pool, I used my robot vacuum and took some pictures. A lot of it looks like cottonwood or some other sort of plant material, but there is a little bit of something brown...is this dead algae?

Can cottonwood - or things that may come into the pool on cottonwood - consume chlorine?

Attachments

• Filter1.jpg
    Filter1.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Filter2.jpg
    Filter2.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Filter3.jpg
    Filter3.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Pool1.jpg
    Pool1.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Pool2.jpg
    Pool2.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 11
Thursday update: OCLT still at 4. Water still clear & 0 CC. I thought that maybe I was mis-reading my CYA test (though I had my wife do it, and she was getting 40) so I upped the chlorine level for 24 hours. Same amount of loss.

I've been doing a lot of Googling on this and am still at a loss as to how my chlorine usage hasn't changed over 8 days. I vacuumed the pool again today and am getting a lot of cottonwood in it - could that be the issue, or could it be introducing something that is consuming chlorine?

Do I need to check my water for phosphate level? Could that be an issue?

I have been - for 8 days, and my OCLT hasn't changed (decreased) at all. I have a thread on it here:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.