Is this a time for a new solar cover?

Hey Psi. Solar cover bubbles are kinda like ice machines. You get one cube, a half a cube, an awkward delay and then hold onto your hat cuz 6 million cubes are coming out violently. It’s up to you how long you can stretch it or how many bubbles you feel like cleaning up. :)

Also, it’s widely accepted here that no one cover lasts any longer than another so most folks just buy the cheapest one they can find and expect to replace it every couple of years.

Reactions: borjis
Also, it’s widely accepted here that no one cover lasts any longer than another so most folks just buy the cheapest one they can find and expect to replace it every couple of years.
So, would you say that 2 years is a fair amount of time?
Any suggestions on the new solar cover? Don't want to shed $200 again, so will go with something cheaper since it doesn't last.

I find that I can go for awhile when the bubbles start breaking off but if in the process of pulling the cover over the water in the pool, the cover tears where you are holding it, you need a new one.

So, would you say that 2 years is a fair amount of time
I’d say that 2 years is right about the average. I had the thick 16 mil cover so the tarp-y part never ripped. The thin bubbles are the same on all covers, which is what finally went on mine. I got 5 years with it (with our half seasons) but it was on a reel so it was never dragged across the patio. I believe that had a lot to do with why mine lasted as long as it did.

I get around 3-4 years out of a cover. It is on the pool water when the pool isn't being used and on a roller when swimming. Once the outside temperatures get to the point I don't need to use the cover, I move the solar cover on its reel to a back corner of my lot next to the fence under trees for shade.

Got 3 years out of mine. At the end of year 3 the bubbles started coming off. I used it for a 4th year but holy cow the blue circles where everywhere!
Saw one in my office on the floor lol.
I should have thrown it out end of year 3.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.