Is this a side wall suction port or something else?

jgeese9

Feb 26, 2021
florida
Hi TFP Community,

I am wondering if anyone may know what this capped hole is on the side of my pool. I thought maybe it was a side wall suction port for a suction cleaner, but when I uncapped it I feel no suction on it. I tested each one of my intake/drain lines separately with the pump on high to see if I felt any suction. I wanted to see if it was maybe reliant on it being on high with only 1 port open or something. No dice either. I opened up all of my working returns/jets and nothing was coming out of that either. I do have a non-functional spa pump with 4 returns in the spa attached to it, but this hole is in the main pool. The only thing I can think of at this point is that this hole is somehow connected to that non-functioning spa pump circuit as well or it's a clogged side suction port.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20210318_131248.jpg
    20210318_131248.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 41
It is probably a cleaner port or was one at one time. It may have been abandoned or perhaps there is a valve somewhere that controls it.

If it was a suction port for a cleaner it was probably powered by a booster pump. If you have no obvious spot on your equipment pad where a pump may have been, the other possibility is that it was a leaky return line that has been capped off.

Reactions: jgeese9
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.