SE Michigan
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Hello from still chilly Michigan - I am scheduled to have my SWG installed next week (with pool opening to follow in early May). I want to be sure I am buying a good quality salt product...is this sufficient? Or do you recommend something different?

Thanks!
Stephanie

1649350326034.png

Follow up question...assuming I am starting from zero (I know even tap water has some salt but assuming).., my pool is approx. 36k gallons so I would need to add 23 bags of salt to reach 3000 ppm? I used the 'effects of adding' feature in Pool Math and it said each 40 lb bag would raise salt by 133. Again assuming I am at zero, 3000/133 = 22.55 s0 23 bags correct? Am I using/understanding the calculator properly?
I plan to actually test the salinity of my water before making final calculations but it's still under a safety cover right now so I cannot get to the water just yet - just trying to be sure I understand how to use the app.

Find 100% or pure on the label for salt, CYA or Calcium Chlorode, even if you bought it last time. Manufacturers change things and you'd rather know before it went in the pool. (y)

Reactions: Stephs2125
I plan to actually test the salinity of my water before making final calculations but it's still under a safety cover right now so I cannot get to the water just yet - just trying to be sure I understand how to use the app
Test first as you'll be surprised how much you have already. Make sure to mix for a few days before said baseline test.

For poolmath go to settings and click track salt. Then it's a parameter on the regular page. Enter 650-3300 (or whatevs) and it will say add X bags.

I would like to piggyback on to this question if I may?

That specific salt that was referenced in the original question, is $2 cheaper than the same brand's 'pool salt'. Is there a difference in the pool versio in the granularity that makes it better for dissolving? I too and switching to SWG this summer and have over 1000ibs of salt to add.

thanks
john

I would like to piggyback on to this question if I may?

That specific salt that was referenced in the original question, is $2 cheaper than the same brand's 'pool salt'. Is there a difference in the pool versio in the granularity that makes it better for dissolving? I too and switching to SWG this summer and have over 1000ibs of salt to add.

thanks
john
The “pool salt” is more finely ground and therefore should dissolve faster, but the solar salt dissolves quick enough anyway that it’s really a non issue.

If it were me, I’d save the $50 and buy the solar salt. :)

Also, adding “pool” to the name of any chemical makes it immediately more expensive.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.