Is there a rule as to how many skimmers a pool should need?

Farrier

Sep 2, 2020
Three Rivers, Ca
Commercial pool about 40k gallons. Currently only has two. We are in the bidding war process with different contractors to completely overhaul this sucker. Same say 2 is all required while some have suggested adding 1 or 2 more

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3597.JPG
    IMG_3597.JPG
    553.3 KB · Views: 33
For a commercial pool, I would want 4 skimmers on that pool.

I would do an Intelliflo pump.

Do you have a main drain?

If yes, are you keeping it?

What is going to be done on the renovation?

^^^ I just found my code for skimmers. 1 skimmer for 500 sq ft of water. I averaged the 2 different widths across the kideny shape and multiplied the length and I come up with 966 sq ft of service water.

So out of sight in the above picture is a large live oak tree that my wife will not let me cut down. I ended buying a LeafSkim bucket and modified my vac line into a return to use it. I rarely get any leaves settling on the bottom now. If I add more slimmers, will it help grab those leaves? I don't want to use the LeafSkim after rebuild.

Yes, I have one main drain and I have to keep it, but split into 2 of course.

This is my original thread. Prob shouldn't have started a 2nd. As you can see, my current skimmers are not truly skimmers, LOL

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.