Is the Aquacomb better than a spray nozzle?

_Eric_

Gold Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Chattanooga/TN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
I need to clean out my cartridge filters. I haven't cleaned them since 2017 (feel free to judge, but I like to live dangerously). The pressure on my filter housing is at 40 psi and the max pressure rating is 50 psi, so I figure it's time. Last time I cleaned them I just used a spray nozzle hose attachment. Is the Aquacomb much better at cleaning out the cartridge filters? Thanks for any input!

Pool care is no different than any other hobby. There is always some better/cheaper/faster gadget to make life wonderful until it doesn't.

I have the Aquacomb and it works fine but is by no means effortless to use. I stopped using it a long time ago and went back old school to my non adjustable sweeper nozzle.

I have this as seen on TV one. Target sells it too. I love it. It gets much better pressure than the typical nozzles while not worrying about real pressure washer pressure. The fan nozzle gets in the seams/crevices great.

I also bought a similar one that the tip can bend 90 degrees that works great at the insides of the cartridges. I bought it at Lowes and it was designed for reaching high flower baskets. I took one look at it and thought 'inside of cartridge filter' :ROFLMAO:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.