Is Spring the Best Time to Buy Pool Vacuum?

jbailey895

Apr 25, 2016
Carlsbad, CA
I'm in SoCal, and I have a rectangular in-ground pool (deepest 5' in middle.) I have a retractable pool cover that keeps the pool pretty clean. My PoolCleaner (suction-based) is dying and cannot get out of the deep end,(or chooses not to.)
I know robots are polarizing; I have called Marina in the past. With spring approaching, is it better to wait until March to grab a pool cleaner/robot? I have read many threads of the problems with the robots (corded or not) but I am optimistic they would work well for my lighter-use situation.

Any suggestions for the best way to keep my pool clean, and whether to wait or shop now?

Thanx.

20220827_164111.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Historically, right about now was the time to buy anything.

The last couple years it was better to have the item if/when available than to wait for a possible sale and get a shortage or price increase instead.

*disclaimer, if I knew the future I'd be playing lotto for a living. I'd also buy you your robot with a sliver of my winnings 😁

I'm in SoCal, and I have a rectangular in-ground pool (deepest 5' in middle.) I have a retractable pool cover that keeps the pool pretty clean. My PoolCleaner (suction-based) is dying and cannot get out of the deep end,(or chooses not to.)
I know robots are polarizing; I have called Marina in the past. With spring approaching, is it better to wait until March to grab a pool cleaner/robot? I have read many threads of the problems with the robots (corded or not) but I am optimistic they would work well for my lighter-use situation.

Any suggestions for the best way to keep my pool clean, and whether to wait or shop now?

Thanx.

View attachment 473175
Who is Marianna?

Marina pool and spa in CO. Margaret or Seth there are our go to people for robots.

You have to call on the telephone (remember those???) to be considered an 'in person' sale for the warranty and best price. She ships fast and for free.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.