Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Current Tests: CH 50; CYA 30; TA 150; pH 8.0; FC 8.0; CC 0.0
(I do have 0.5# CA in a sock to raise to a solid 30.)

I first reached SLAM levels on June 23. Water has been clear and CC 0.5 or less (10 ml sample) since a few days after beginning circulation the week prior. Failed 6 OCLT, until this morning. Yesterday, I decided to start all over today by allowing FC to drop to under 10, drop pH to 7.2 and SLAM it again.

However, to my amazement, OCLT this morning was only 1.0.

Given that OCLT, CC, and clear water criteria are met (other than FC less than SLAM level), can I be reasonably assured I have decontaminated the water?

Would repeating the entire SLAM be advisable?

Or, should I now start enjoying some of the “Trouble Free” benefits of pool maintenance?

Your done with SLAM. All three criteria met.

Good job and enjoy the TFP water!

Thank You. Any insight as to why I passed with FC on the way down, but did not while FC was maintained at SLAM level? Or is that the "Your Mileage May Vary" gotcha?

Who knows. Many times if you are just having issues passing the OCLT at elevated FC, we suggest coming down to 10 ppm or so and doing the process.

Who knows. Many times if you are just having issues passing the OCLT at elevated FC, we suggest coming down to 10 ppm or so and doing the process.

Good to know. I don't recall seeing that suggestion in the reading I have done, so far. Appreciate the advice.

Good to know. I don't recall seeing that suggestion in the reading I have done, so far. Appreciate the advice.
The error of the chlorine test is 10% above 10 ppm. I just completed my first slam and had the same issues until I came down to a level where the error was less than the signal required for the OCLT. Maybe this should be included in the SLAM instructions.

The error of the chlorine test is 10% above 10 ppm. I just completed my first slam and had the same issues until I came down to a level where the error was less than the signal required for the OCLT. Maybe this should be included in the SLAM instructions.

Thanks Avenger - I thought it was just me. The water clarity and CC was good for so long, I was getting frustrated trying to pass the OCLT. That's why I was on my way to start from scratch.

Reactions: crimson avenger
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.