Is my Skimmer incased in concrete?

dis00

Nov 9, 2016
Brunswick OH
Is there a way to identify from the pool deck (without cutting, digging) if my skimmer would be encased in concrete?
I think I have a Pentair Admiral skimmer (formerly American Products). The pool was built in the 70s.
The reason I ask is that the slab of concrete that houses the skimmer lid has shifted severely so Im going to have to cut out that section of the deck and possibly replace the skimmer. Would like to know what Im getting into before cutting.

Is there a way to identify from the pool deck (without cutting, digging) if my skimmer would be encased in concrete?
Geez, I hope it's not. That would stink right? Below is a pic of how mine was done. Back-filled predominantly with sand/soil, and the decking surface is the only part of concrete. But since you are talking about an older pool from the '70s, let's see if @jimmythegreek has seen any other varieties of install on older pools.

thanks for all the input. Here are a couple of pictures of the skimmer and the issue I'm trying to resolve with the deck shifting. There is a good sized void between the deck and the stone that you can see. Would the fact that there is stone/gravel there and the void maybe indicate that its not in concrete and like Texas Splash's?
IMG_5232.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Texas Splash

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.