Is my pump done?

Windylou

Silver Supporter
May 11, 2017
Groveton, Tx
Hayward power flo LX, 2 years old. Came home the other day and the rubber hose from the pump to the filter had popped off & the GFCI had tripped. Well I’ve been busy so I didn’t mess with it until today. Got out there at 7am, reset and hooked everything back up and it worked fine. Worked on the pool all day, then the Dang hose just popped off again. I immediately turned it all off. Hooked it back up again & now when I turn the pump on it immediately triggers the GFCI. Is it dead or can i wait a few hours and try it again? We’re having a surprise party for my daughter next weekend and I don’t see how I can get a new pump here and get the pool cleaned in time. Any advice is welcome.

Uh oh. Second time may not be a charm. :(
I gave it a few hours and now it starts. I’m thinking maybe the outlet on the salt cell got wet when the hose popped off. The pump plugs into the cell. But now I’m wondering why that hose keeps popping off. I’ve tightened it and everything. That is the only part of my set up that isn’t hard plumbed & I say every year I’m going to do it, but haven’t yet.

Reactions: Texas Splash
That is the only part of my set up that isn’t hard plumbed & I say every year I’m going to do it, but haven’t yet.
This is the event that has convinced most every above grounder before you. :) the hoses break down over time and the clamps just can't hold them tight enough at that point. Many find it after it empties a good chunk ofthe pool.

New flex hoses will reset the clock until it happens again, with no promises it lasts as long as it did last time.

This is the event that has convinced most every above grounder before you. :) the hoses break down over time and the clamps just can't hold them tight enough at that point. Many find it after it empties a good chunk ofthe pool.

New flex hoses will reset the clock until it happens again, with no promises it lasts as long as it did last time.
To be honest, the only reason I didn’t do that one is bc I wasn’t sure which pieces I needed to connect it to the pump and filter bc they have that part to clip the hose onto. Someone explained to me last year that those pieces screw off & now it’s just a matter of picking up those 2 pieces, which I’m going to do this week!lol I’ve been wanting to build this waterfall feature anyway, so I need to just do both.

Reactions: Newdude
Nevermind, it’s back to not working. It worked last night, but I didn’t leave it on bc I was worried it would pop off in the night. So I got up today and went to get it started and it’s immediately tripping the gfci again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.