Is my fiancee's pump trashed ??

ride525

Gold Supporter
Jun 17, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Financee last used pool two days ago, when she and friend went into spa. She totally knows how to operate the Jandy valves, and spa worked fine, and she put it back into pool mode.

Noticed today that pool had a lot of debris on surface, like the Skim A Round had not worked. Pump won't create enough suction. Pump basket is warped, it looks like it overheated. Tried filling pipes a best as possible, motor runs, but pump hardly works, it creates a tiny bit of pressure in filter, it will bleed just a bit, but no water comes out like normal. Also, noticed both unions that connect pump were not tight for some reason.

Perhaps impeller broke?

1. I have wanted to buy a Intelliflo VS pump 011018, but Amazon kept raising price to $945 plus tax the last month or so. May just find it at another pool store.

2. Meanwhile I have an extra (working when I last removed it) 1 hp pump at my house. So I may bring that over, and try that until I can get new pump delivered.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Sounds like the pump was run dry for a long time and it will need to be replaced.

Take care.

What's strange is that just a few days prior, I replaced O-rings and gate in Jandy valve. That eliminated the bubbles in the pool returns, and also allows both suction and return valve that select pool or spa to be fully closed.

I'm not sure why pump may have run dry for several house, that would have likely only been yesterday, as the spa was used previous day.

Thanks

Financee last used pool two days ago, when she and friend went into spa. She totally knows how to operate the Jandy valves, and spa worked fine, and she put it back into pool mode.

Noticed today that pool had a lot of debris on surface, like the Skim A Round had not worked. Pump won't create enough suction. Pump basket is warped, it looks like it overheated. Tried filling pipes a best as possible, motor runs, but pump hardly works, it creates a tiny bit of pressure in filter, it will bleed just a bit, but no water comes out like normal. Also, noticed both unions that connect pump were not tight for some reason.

Perhaps impeller broke?

1. I have wanted to buy a Intelliflo VS pump 011018, but Amazon kept raising price to $945 plus tax the last month or so. May just find it at another pool store.

2. Meanwhile I have an extra (working when I last removed it) 1 hp pump at my house. So I may bring that over, and try that until I can get new pump delivered.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

You can get the Pentair Intelliflo VS pump 011018 for $819 at
https://www.vminnovations.com/Product_18281/Pentair-011018-IntelliFlo-Swimming-Pool-Pump-3-HP.html?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.