Is Jandy TruClear just a poor choice? Change to CircuPool?

Ian Eric

Aug 13, 2021
Gilbert, AZ
New forum member here. Installed my Jandy TruClear system in July of 2020, and it's having multiple failures already. The cell is leaking, and Jandy/Fluidra almost seemed happy to inform me that I have NO warranty since I installed it myself. After a few angry emails, they're supposed to be sending a new cell, but now the control panel is frozen and the buttons are useless. Both seem to be common defects.

I think this system was a waste of my money, and I want to bite the bullet and get a GOOD system that'll last.

I've read a lot about the CircuPool. If nothing else, the nice long warranty (even for DIY installation!) is VERY enticing.

This has become one of those instances where I almost don't care what the system costs, I just want something that'll work flawlessly for years to come.

I'm in the Phoenix, AZ area, and my pool is roughly 15,000 gallons or less. Looking for recommendations. Thanks!

Welcome to TFP :)

I love Jandy Neverlube valves and that is where it stops.. I never recommend any other Jandy products because they just do not do DIY...

The Circupool RJ while a little expensive right now but it is a rockstar and has proven reliability.. you could get a 30k but a 45k would be much better and you can run the SWG less time.. I have had an SJ 45 for 9 years now, same size pool and just changed over to the SJ-A system.. It is a new one that is doing great but there are a couple on TFP that have had issues.. only 1 out of 3 had to be replaced with an RJ system.. they figured out the other 2 and got them fixed up.. If I recommend something I want full disclosure so you can make an informed decision.. :)

Thanks for the reply, and for the discount link 👍🏼. My local pool store said the same; Jandy valves are great, anything else … maybe not. Of course, they sold me the TruClear system, but whatever.

Thanks again for the link. I’ve got an RJ45 on its way, and save a couple bucks from what I would have paid on Amazon. Much appreciated.

Reactions: cowboycasey
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.