Is it worth to install VS pump?

I checked with INYOPools, V-Green 165 ( total horse power = 1.65), while my current pump 1.5 HP x 1.47 service factor = 2.2 total horse power. Is it OK for replacement?

Hi Locky,

I just replaced the 1.5 hp motor on my Pentair Superflow pump with the V-Green 165. It runs almost perfectly. I did observe the pump capacity at the highest speed (3450 rpm) seems less than it with the original fixed speed motor. For my ~12000 gallon pool, I do not feel I need that much capacity.

Hi Locky,

I just replaced the 1.5 hp motor on my Pentair Superflow pump with the V-Green 165. It runs almost perfectly. I did observe the pump capacity at the highest speed (3450 rpm) seems less than it with the original fixed speed motor. For my ~12000 gallon pool, I do not feel I need that much capacity.
Thanks JayWhite for the info. My old pump the wet part was leaked, so I already purchased Pentair Intelliflo 011018 instead, and will install soon.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.