Is it possible to get just the control boards? V-Green 270/Century variable speed motor

dakshun

Aug 31, 2018
Universal City, Texas
Does anyone know where to get just the controllers?
I am running models numbers and all I am finding are complete packages with motor, control unit, and user interface.

I just need the two control boxes up top.

1645925191788.png

I had water incursion a few weeks/months ago. So, I dried out what I could and everything worked ok for a few weeks. But, today I walked out there and everything was shutdown, nothing. Broke everything down and there was still water and condensation inside of the control board housing.

Last edited:
I guess it's possible everything is toast, looks like I had a little bit of heat on one of the legs; any other ideas?
One of the hot legs was very corroded and looked like it might have been arcing within the connection. I already dremmeled the connection clean and repowered; nothing. Now, working a re-drying process with fans on the boards to see if the controllers might be salvageable, I would rather just throw new controllers on.

Attachments

• 20220226_181359.jpg
    20220226_181359.jpg
    313.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Reactions: dakshun
Any update on this water incursion issue?

My neighbor called me last week to look at her pump (same pump as the OP) that I installed for her 4+ years ago (now out of warranty).

Top cover for the electric connections was corroded and the paint bubbled off. Opened the cover and very wet inside. The rubber gaskets were quite spent. Pump had no sign of life.

I was able to find replacement motor with control panel for about $850 shipped. Neighbor is "leaning" towards a different pump (Pentair Superflow) that another neighbor's pool guy recommended for about $1900 before tax. Neighbor feels that if something goes bad with different pump installed by the pool guy "she will have some recourse if something goes wrong". Not likely IMHO if something goes wrong 4+ after install.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.