Is it even possible to get 600+ TA??

dorgan

Apr 13, 2017
Rockledge, FL
I am currently in the process of SLAMing my pool and just got my TF-100 test kit and I got to 60 drops for testing TA and gave up. The pool is cloudy as I assume that's from the TA being too high.

Do I worry about the TA or PH while SLAMing or just concentrate on chlorine levels?

FC 12.5 (CYA was higher than I thought, now adjusted to 24)
CYA 60
CC 1
TA 600+

HI there:)

I'm highly suspect of testing error here. Can you lay out step by step how you did the test? Did you by chance skip the. r-007? Or pick up the wrong titration agent ?

Sorry forgot one key detail. Since this is the first time I was doing this process, the instructions said it should turn red. It definitely turned pink, but again after 60 drops it never turned "red". Is it just supposed to turn pink and then you count until then?

Ahh gotcha then it definitely was tester error..... I'll check again in the morning. I suspect that the TA is still high though as I am not sure what else would make the pool cloudy. As I would think the algae would give a green tint if anything.

After a SLAM is started, don't concern yourself with TA and pH. That said, SLAMs are quicker and easier if started at pH 7.2, so you could let your FC drop below 10, check and adjust pH and then get the SLAM started again.

The high TA is possible, but it might be worthwhile trying the low sensitivity test to compare. (10 ml sample, 1 drop = 25 ppm TA)

Another option is to check your fill water. If it's lower, you could drain, wash the pool out with a mild bleach solution, refill and go from there.

After a SLAM is started, don't concern yourself with TA and pH. That said, SLAMs are quicker and easier if started at pH 7.2, so you could let your FC drop below 10, check and adjust pH and then get the SLAM started again.

The high TA is possible, but it might be worthwhile trying the low sensitivity test to compare. (10 ml sample, 1 drop = 25 ppm TA)

Another option is to check your fill water. If it's lower, you could drain, wash the pool out with a mild bleach solution, refill and go from there.

Needsajet has a good point and I agree, but I did want to address what I thought might be testing error.

Also, do us a favor please dorgan and keep everything in one thread moving forward. It will help us to be able to follow along and best help you solve your issues Regarding SLAM.

We'll help you get clear water in no time :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.