Is Clorox with Cloromax from Costco ok

Yeah, we are having some discussions about our suggestions due to Cloromax. It appears to be catching on with other companies too and is making it harder to suggest using household bleach when more and more are using a Cloromax type polymer.

If you can't find any plain bleach without Cloromax or something listed as some variation of "fabric protector" then try to find liquid pool chlorine. That will for sure be pure sodium hypochlorite, either 10% or 12.5%. Good luck!

Clorox added CLOROMAX to the product, AND REDUCED the amount of sodium hypo to 6.0% down from the traditional 8.25% What a stupid decision.
I quit using Great Value and Clorox brand and now I alternate Pool Essentials Swimming pool chlorinating liquid and granulated Cal-Hypo.
The Pool Chlorinating liquid can be found at my local WalMart in the pool section for $3.68/gallon. And as a bonus, instead of 121 oz of the Great Value bleach, you get a full gallon 128 ounces!!! LOL!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.