Gold Supporter
Oct 18, 2023
Shingle Springs, California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
As recommended by my dad and confirmed by the company that came and installed our new cartridge filter, I should run the pool pump 7AM-1PM, and the sweep 8AM-12:00PM every day.

I have my system programmed to run this schedule but I’m wondering if this is too much? I do go out and skim the leaves off the top of the pool each morning.

What do you have your schedule set to?

Run the pump for a reason. If your pool needs to run to skim or sweep that much to keep it clean, great. This time of year that is what dominates the schedule needs. When FC consumption rises, then a SWCG or a tab feeder dominates.

Reactions: Newdude
As recommended by my dad and confirmed by the company that came and installed our new cartridge filter, I should run the pool pump 7AM-1PM, and the sweep 8AM-12:00PM every day.
Not for nothing, but I bet both of the above advice givers are stuck in the 70s. Just sayin. :ROFLMAO:

I run 24/7 low RPM for peanuts, and it's more than I need. I vac once a week unless I'm too lazy. I don't understand the daily vac people, which is most of them.

I have a single speed energy hogg pump & a 25k gal pool, I run my pump as little as possible lol 😂
I do prefer it moving while I’m around & using/looking at it but that takes a backseat to other needs such as chlorinating (if you have a swcg),
debris removal (skimming the surface/operating a cleaner/filtering particulates),
as well as cooling/ heating the pool.
Many also must consider peak energy usage hours and their accompanying surcharges.
If those times of day & timespans accomplish your goals then you’re good 👍🏻
In the winter after leaves are done & there’s no bather load really you can probably reduce a bit more without noticing. You can always dial each back an hour at a time & see how you like the results.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.