TFP Guide
Jun 16, 2019
NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hey all !!! I broke the dreaded iPhone pic upload problem a while ago and have tried several times to upload this all from my phone but lost track of the several steps while writing it down. Or the pics came out of sequence. But today. TODAY Is the DAY !!!!

IOS has a built in resizer with no need to use a 3rd party resizer. It's a chore for those of us who are mobile only without a desktop.

Step one: join a thread and click attach file then press photo library
D6A29E4D-000A-4305-B594-51C3CA43EDB7.jpeg
step 2: Select pic(s) and click ‘show selected’ at the bottom
BD5F2315-9B5F-43B6-934E-C344689AFC2D.jpg
Step 3). Click ‘actual size’ in the bottom right corner
99D4522F-C775-4C38-ABBE-15A2FA32B2E4.jpg
step 4) click large. (Large has always worked for me no matter how large but you can do med or small if it doesn’t)
16175152-5CFB-4A60-ADFA-9CCD0B5195B7.jpg
Step 5). Click add in the upper right corner then click done also in the upper right hand corner.

Reactions: mnmpizza and mguzzy
Step 6). Now you are here with a little screenshot under the post. Click insert and then either thumbnail or full image.

D905A214-09FA-4A42-B99A-A14B27688490.jpg

BOOM. full image Uploaded.

C4FF5183-3383-4606-9458-3BF64B35F192.jpg

I have a problem posting pics from my iphone. I tried to tell someone in the suggestions area and was met with omg why are your photo sizes so big omg that's overkill. But I really don't have control over this (I don't think). So here's what I do.

1. Take a photo
2. Take a screen shot of photo
3. Crop photo
4. Post photo

Usually this cuts the size in about half. But it's really annoying.

when uploading I generally use the pic button & then it gives me the option to choose which size - sometimes they are all the same - sometimes different 🤷‍♀️
73D417C7-C214-4E44-A78B-FEAADE075DAD.jpeg
91CFC160-9526-4831-9DC7-14C0186E2049.jpeg
950BD48A-03C3-46B1-8301-4801368D1768.png

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
When you touch the 3 dots next to Report, do you get "rotate" in your drop down list? Do you guys even have 3 dots?
I do for both. I was having a pow wow with Leebo last night and he spotted one of my threads that came out sideways. I deleted it, reposted the exact same photo and it was fine. It a random fluke that I do notice 1 out of 25 times. Maybe less.

Just hit ‘edit’ for the post, Backspace to delete the photo and then the original thumbnail to upload is still there so just re-upload from that.

While the process laid out by @Newdude does at times reduce the size of the overall file it also is the source of some files getting uploaded sideways as @zea3 and @Dadofthree74 pointed out. This occurs when a photo is taken in landscape mode and uploaded using the “Reduce Size” method as mentioned in the OP’s post. When the photo size is reduced the file is automatically stripped of the metadata which includes info saying how the photo was taken….portrait or landscape. Since the server doesn’t have this info it simple guesses, and is often wrong resulting in photos getting uploaded sideways.

A few things to also note,
The server limits file sizes to 5mb to keep the strain on everything to a minimum. While some photos maybe higher than this, this limit allows the huge majority of photos to be uploaded at full size. Most photos posted on TFP (and the internet in general) come from phones and the majority of the time file sizes are very small, most less than 2mb so while not perfect, this approach covers the majority of users while limiting the strain on the servers.

Last edited:
For those that are entrapped in the Windows world IrfanView is my photo editor of choice;
www.Irfanview.com
I've been using it for years, its hecka more featured than the built in Windows tools. The biggest thing I do with it is cropping and resizing. And if you have a bunch of pics that need to be downsized you can use the batch feature and do them all at once. Since I prefer to post from my PC I usually open the pics, edit them and then upload them to my post with a click and drag... On a side note I can not for the life of me figure out how people are so adept with posting and texting from a no-so-smartphone. my fingers are just not built that way.. I would have to stick them in a pencil sharpener for them to be pointy enough to hit those stupid dinky-non-button buttons. If you ever read any of my posts with typo's, autocorrect guffaws, and poor structure.. its probably because I was trying to respond on my Note74.

Hey you stupid dog.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.