Iowa Vinyl Pool

After having a clear (aka opaque white) solar cover all summer and a green looplock all winter, I’ll always choose blue now. It’ll fool you 99 out of 100 times into thinking it’s pool colored when doing anything else and you catch a glimpse of it to the side or off in the distance.

Reactions: Snoobug
Yeah, we just leave it plugged in to the GFI outlet nearby and have the hose dropped into the drain where my sump pit pumps out. When the pump needs to go on and pump water off, it does, and if it doesn't, it just sits there on standby waiting for water to accumulate. I like the idea of not having to run out or remember to put the pump on the cover when it rains, or call the wife to have her do it in the pouring rain (happened just once lol!).

Yeah, we just leave it plugged in to the GFI outlet nearby and have the hose dropped into the drain where my sump pit pumps out. When the pump needs to go on and pump water off, it does, and if it doesn't, it just sits there on standby waiting for water to accumulate. I like the idea of not having to run out or remember to put the pump on the cover when it rains, or call the wife to have her do it in the pouring rain (happened just once lol!).
Ohhh!! I will do that from now on... 🤦‍♀️ TIL! Pool company probably told me but I forgot.

Here is mine as we speak. They grey is not bad, our thought is the color wouldnt fade as much and maybe look good as new for longer. You can see the discharge hose from the pump drops into that drain near the edger.

1626355499063.png

• Love
Reactions: Newdude
Ohhh!! I will do that from now on... 🤦‍♀️ TIL! Pool company probably told me but I forgot.

The pool company probably told me a lot of things in the beginning that I forgot, then learned around here haha! Lots to take in with new pool ownership.

Reactions: B.lu and Snoobug
Here is mine as we speak. They grey is not bad
It’s beautiful. At best it’s a grey pool out of the corner of your eye. At worst if you catch a more direct glimpse it’s a beautiful patio. The white was just so unnatural and the green was a tennis court.

Ok I have 2 going now. The black one pumps water out the top. We have one more submersible pump it it is HEAVY and I don't want to put that on the cover.

The blue hoses I have are super flexible and Light so my scrawny self can lift them easily. Well the down side is with the super flexibility comes the ease of shutting off water flow the moment it bends so I had to put a light stool out there to prop up the hose...CDFCBD24-FC9A-4527-AB31-440B73B3F148.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Didn't realize you have to pump water off auto covers. Seems like a PITA. Surprised it doesn't have a drain built in. Pool looks awesome! Enjoy!
It's not really that big of a pain, especially in comparison to the benefits it brings. Drop the pump on, pull it off, its pretty light, and you aren't actually the one pumping anything, leave in on the cover, and magically the water is all gone when you want to swim. Lots of other pool maintenance items are a bigger PITA then the pump cover for sure.

Question question question:

I tested Ph this morning and it was 7.7. After 5 kids and 2 adults for 4 hours it was still 7.7... normal?

Another question... my psi hasn't hit 15 yet which is the 25% above clean psi. But my water pressure is low and I can tell because it impacts the fountain height. Going to go ahead and backwash anyway... I guess that really wasn't a question.

We always tell people to aerate to raise the ph, which includes kids spashing and whatnot, but it takes alooooooooooooot of splashing to matter for most. I never saw the rise and we splashed our fair share.

There is no harm in cleaning the filter whenever you wish.

Reactions: BigPapaSmurf
We always tell people to aerate to raise the ph, which includes kids spashing and whatnot, but it takes alooooooooooooot of splashing to matter for most. I never saw the rise and we splashed our fair share.

There is no harm in cleaning the filter whenever you wish.
OHHHHHHHHH! Thank you I had no idea! ❤️

I have something to report! I bought this fancy dancy pool float from Frontgate over the winter and finally tried it out today. My kids, for some reason were inside playing legos. So for the first time I got some pool time to myself.

Seriously the best Dang pool float ever. Almost fell asleep. So comfy. Lay-z-boy of pool chairs. Ahhhh.2BAD2406-D43B-445A-B03A-E55494FE4D5F.jpeg

Last edited:
I might need to recalibrate my Apera PH-60. The Ph meter read 7.77 so I did the drop test and it looked closer to 7.5 but I'm guessing since the range is 7.5 to 7.8.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.