INYO vs oem Hayward Gasket and seal kits.

willygee

Silver Supporter
Aug 24, 2020
central fla
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Pump is a 10 year old Tristar single speed 1hp / 1.85THP...works fine as we speak but would like to have a set of seals and gaskets on standby. INYO go kit 81 is $34.95 and my local Pinch a Penny set which is all OEM Hayward is $76.00. Advice appreciated.

Willy, good morning. I'm going to tag @JamesW who is pretty good at educating us about replacement parts and the quality of each.

On a side note though ... 10 years is a good run for a pump. Add to that it's a single speed which are notorious for using energy. Have you considered just swapping the whole thing for a 2-speed?

Willy, good morning. I'm going to tag @JamesW who is pretty good at educating us about replacement parts and the quality of each.

On a side note though ... 10 years is a good run for a pump. Add to that it's a single speed which are notorious for using energy. Have you considered just swapping the whole thing for a 2-speed?
Two speed or V Green on my existing pump....on my radar.

Reactions: Texas Splash
Last edited:
Reactions: JamesW
Note that seallube is only for installing seals. It remains slippery only for a short time and then it washes away. That helps the seal set correctly and doesn't create problems once the seal is successfully set.

Let's call it 6 hours per day, at 1776 Watts (Hayward 1 hp pump) = 3889.4 kWh. I pay 8.9 cents per kWh, which would mean ~$350/yr to run the pump. I run my pump 24/7 at 1050 RPM, which is 61 Watts, or 534 kWh/year, $47.50/yr. Savings per year is $300. I bought my pump for ~$800. YMMV.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Let's call it 6 hours per day, at 1776 Watts (Hayward 1 hp pump) = 3889.4 kWh. I pay 8.9 cents per kWh, which would mean ~$350/yr to run the pump. I run my pump 24/7 at 1050 RPM, which is 61 Watts, or 534 kWh/year, $47.50/yr. Savings per year is $300. I bought my pump for ~$800. YMMV.
Those numbers definitely a wake up call..thank you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.