Intro before I mess it all up!

Mar 27, 2019
Arizona
Hi all! We are new pool owners, with a KD 20’ round above-ground in Southern Arizona. My husband has done alllll the heavy lifting so far and I assured him I could figure out the chemical part. Yet, here I sit with the Pool Math app and my Taylor K-2006 test kit and I am ready to drain the whole thing already! I am reading like crazy and trying to make sense of where to start. I am happy to be here and thank you all for sharing your knowledge!

Amazing sunset pic, from our yard, for the added visual interest!2F341D05-71F8-4275-8F02-520BF88E0197.jpeg

We just finished adding water yesterday, so test first before I throw any chlorine in there?
Yes. With fresh test results there's no guesswork. You'll see it's not as hard as a pool store may make it seem. TFP will help you through it. Welcome! :wave:

Reactions: Sunshine&Water
Sunshine,

I'll add my welcome as well. Take a deep breath, you're in the right place. As you get started you'll have experts holding your hand every step of the way. My best advice is don't hesitate to ask any question. You don't need to wait for anything to get messed up. With this site if you're even just a little unsure about anything just ask. TFP is here to clear things up.

Good luck with your fabulous sunsets from the pool!

Chris

Welcome! The knowledge will sink in, but may take some time to stop feel like you are taking on water. At some point the light bulb will go on and it will be smooth sailing.