Intex Ultra Frame poles leaning

Mar 25, 2012
I replaced the liner in my Intex 18ft x 52in pool and with the pool about 5/8 full the poles on one side of the pool are leaning in a good bit. The water level in the pool is perfectly level. I considered taking a sledge hammer and gently tapping the bottom of the poles that are leaning until they are vertical. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I just set up a 22 ft Intex and several of the poles kicked out some including off the footer. The older Intex pools came with a rope and sleeves on the liner to thread the rope around and keep the poles from kicking out. That is now "optional, but from what I saw with my build and reading many others, this should be highly considered. I fixed the pole that came off the support, but left the others.

As for straightening the poles, you can try a rubber mallet and may have success with that amount of water. If it really bothers you and they are not moving, drain the water back to 25% or so and they should move fairly easily. Then lock them in place with some sort of rope/strap around the legs.

I just had to deal with same exact issue. I did exactly what you were thinking but I had someone in the pool pushing the T Joint out at the same time hammering in. I also used a 6 inch 4 x 4 to break the blow to the leg.
Good luck

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.