Papacheeks

Jun 28, 2022
Michigan
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I just installed my pool pump/filter - Intex SX 3000 - and as of right now I am happy with it other than 1 problem. The problem: It's spitting sand into my pool. More sand than I feel should be in the pool after an initial start-up for a new machine though I am by no means an expert as I have minimal experience with filters/pumps.

I have a theory though, and I wanted to run it through here as I am hoping I can get an answer faster than I can through Customer support (2 day estimate on response).

So I have a question:
When I was setting up my filter I noticed that the center pipe hub (#7 in the attached diagram) fit what I feel is pretty loosely into the filter head.

So my question is: How snug should this piece of pvc be where it slides into the actual filter? Should it be somewhat snug or is it typical for the connection to see loose.
-- My definition of loose is: the (2) pieces would not stay together if I were to allow the weight of the center pipe hub + laterals to dangle from the filter head.

I don't see any o-ring requirement on the diagram, so I don't think i'm missing any extra parts, but I do feel that sand could bypass the laterals and go in between the center pipe hub and into the hole at the bottom of the filter head.

Anyway - hopefully what I'm trying to convey is clear. Any/all help is appreciated.

Attachments

• Pool Diagram.pdf
    904.4 KB · Views: 1
Hoping to bump this and get someones opinion. Intex support took 5 days to get back to me and their response was generic and not helpful. Essentially support wants me to send the pump/filter back to have them ship another when all I was trying to do was ask a question about the fitment of their parts.

Hoping a knowledgeable forum member can offer insight. Trying not to make a new post, but it seems like my post title isn't getting me the attention that i wanted haha.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.