Little Rock, Arkansas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Have checked my salt with the Taylor salt kit. It is at 3200.
The target for my pool is 2600-2800.
I have soaked my cells with vinegar for 90 min
I choose to run the swg for 6 hours and it was start and May run for several hours but eventually I get a low salt error 91.

I don’t see any scale in between the plates.

any ideas?
1C6E4B00-3A6D-4B96-85F9-34A24599EE55.jpeg127BBA18-D86A-4A07-A976-4890DE4FFA63.jpeg29931446-E0F1-4D16-92E8-E2A7BB343D1D.jpeg1A24DD06-EC40-4250-AC30-BCA2BB3E0C2D.jpeg

Attachments

• 8B9A679D-246D-4C9A-9D4C-A95F0FE7E324.jpeg
    8B9A679D-246D-4C9A-9D4C-A95F0FE7E324.jpeg
    290.7 KB · Views: 3
Don't clean the cell, especially using acid, unless the plates are coated with calcium. Each time they're cleaned you remove some of the magic metals on the plates that make the chlorine magic happen. No bueno!
Trust you K1766 test kit over the device every time. If its saying "low salt" but still making chlorine....who cares?? If its not making chlorine things need looking into, but I don't know how.

Is it making chlorine????

Maddie :flower:

Yes, check for chlorine by taking a sample right at the return when the pump is on and salt cell is on. If it is producing, maybe bump your salt up a bit more.

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
If your SWG is a couple years old it is probably in need of replacement cell. I was having the same problem and had to replace the cell. They only seem to last me 2-3 yrs. On my model the cell wasn't available and I took a chance with one from a newer model. The cell was the same size but the notches in the mount were different so I had to remove material from the mounting tube so it would fit but was easy enough to do with a good flush cut side cutter and a little sandpaper. I know the prices are ridiculous for a complete replacement unit so I took the chance and it worked out for me. Good luck.

Reactions: Dadofthree74
update

salt now at 3800. ( never been that high)
Swg stays on for 30 seconds then says low salt.
reading from the return is 0.5 higher than the other end of the pool.

thoughts? What detects the salt levels? The cells of the machine?

I believe salt is “detected” via the voltage required to drive current between the plates of the SWCG. The more salt the more conductive the water and less voltage is required for a given current.

I’m far from a SWCG expert (only have a Saltron mini for my hot tub) but if the salt levels test in the appropriate range and the SWCG says low salt it’s time for a new cell. Can you buy a replacement Intex cell or do you have to buy a new unit?

I believe salt is “detected” via the voltage required to drive current between the plates of the SWCG. The more salt the more conductive the water and less voltage is required for a given current.

I’m far from a SWCG expert (only have a Saltron mini for my hot tub) but if the salt levels test in the appropriate range and the SWCG says low salt it’s time for a new cell. Can you buy a replacement Intex cell or do you have to buy a new unit?
Only one of the cells is in stock via intex. The other is out of stock. My have to go to eBay or buy a new system

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.