Intex SWG can't run 24/7 and produce chlorine?

Capopapo

Jun 13, 2021
Orem, ut
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Intex 12x24 above ground with ECO20110 pump/SWG combo. We've had our pool up for about a month now. I've been struggling to keep the chlorine up and am often adding liquid chlorine. I've been running it on FP mode because there is also a heater installed. I keep running the boost mode to try to get it generating more chlorine but doesn't do much. Reading thru manuals last night I think I found that the SWG will only run in the automatic mode (up to 12hrs/day) and if you run in the FP mode (24/7) that is how you run the pump without SWG.
Can someone confirm this? AND IF TRUE
How can I run the pump longer to allow the heater to run when it needs to?
CYA: 70
Salt: 3400
Ph 7.5-7.8
FC...trying to maintain 4-5 but really struggling. Water is clear.

You just need to set up your heater to run during the time your swg & pump are on automatic perhaps with a timer so it can’t run any other time.
Are you trying to run the heater 24/7?
What heater do you have?
Are you covering the pool to help retain heat?
Also, do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to rule out organics consuming your fc.

You just need to set up your heater to run during the time your swg & pump are on automatic perhaps with a timer so it can’t run any other time.
Are you trying to run the heater 24/7?
What heater do you have?
Are you covering the pool to help retain heat?
Also, do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to rule out organics consuming your fc.
Not running the heater 24/7. It has a thermostat so it would turn on as needed. FibroPool FH055 (heat pump) I could run the pump the 12hrs during the night as this is when the heater mainly needs to run, but then it won't run during the day. We're getting a lot of Crud falling from trees, so at night with the solar cover the skimmer isn't really doing it's job. And then pump would be off all day once we remove the solar cover. Just trying to get some extended use into the fall. I think the weak-link is the SWG/pump combo. I can run the pump 24/7 but then the SWG doesn't run. I'm going to Slam this week and leave SWG off and get chemistry right, then I can mess with the SWG.

You can use boost but it will just revert back to the schedule when its over.
Perhaps leaving the cover on all day too when the pool is not in use would help with the debris issue as well as maintaining heat.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.