Intex Sand Filter Pump Blowing Sand In The Pool

Lisadraper1218

Jun 16, 2021
Kentucky
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We bought a used Intex 2800gph sand pump from someone we know. I believe it’s a 2017 or 2018 model. When we first got it we changed the sand and it was blowing sand in the pool consistently so we did the following things:

- Bought new laterals and new sand pipe
- Bought different sand, HTH Pool Sand #20 Silica. When we put the new sand in we added water like others have said.

Then, the pump was only blowing sand in the pool after a backwash. It would blow a little bit for 10 minutes and stop.

- So we bought a new valve because we read it could be a spider gasket. We pretty much replaced the entire inside compartment of the pump.

Today we noticed that the pool seems to be blowing a little bit of sand in the pool when it first turns on from the timer and then it stops. And still after a backwash, and stops. Also, we always rinse after for 1-2 minutes after a backwash.

I have no idea what is wrong. The sand is filled between the min and the max. We read good reviews from other Intex pool owners on the sand that we bought.

I have a friend with an Intex pump and it is doing exactly the same thing... I have never had one so not sure but it sounds normal for those filters..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.