Intex Replacement Liners: Ultra Liner with a Metal Frame

donohuer

Jul 31, 2020
Ct
Hi all. Not sure how this site has eluded me the last four years but I'm glad I found you. Sorry to be a n00b and rush right in with a question but I've not found an answer searching here. The Intex support line is down ATM due to "Technical Difficulties" and time is a bit of the essence.

I have a 2017 15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame pool. Was great first two summers but did not go up last year. Put up this year, ordered water delivery (we're on a well) and once we started filling found a leak. I patched that leak plus another I found. Once I began adding water from our well to test, we noticed more leaking but I can't find it/them. Due to the proximity to the house we've decided not to use this liner any more. The replacement liners for the metal frame pool are sold out and a full replacement costs 4 times what I paid for the current one. However, I have found a 15' x 48" Ultra Frame liner for a reasonable price. As best I can tell they should be interchangeable but I'm concerned that perhaps the heavier liner once full might be too much weight for the non-Ultra frame or maybe the poles don't fit. Anyone have any experience using an Ultra Liner with a Metal Frame? I did read in one of the site threads someone stating that the Prism line was the Ultra Liner with the Metal Frame. Can anyone confirm?

Appreciate any feedback, hoping to salvage some pool time this season.

Thanks

I don‘t know about the Prism liner, but I advise you to search the forum for advice using an overlap liner on top of a leaky Intex liner. That may help you get by for a while, at least until the pool market gets back to normal.

Reactions: Mdragger88
What is the source of the liner? Is it a person? Maybe they could measure it where the poles go for u? I doubt it’s much different as far as weight goes.
Not sure what $ it’s going for but As far as overlap liners are concerned they can be had for about $100 + the cost of the little clips that keep it in place.

thanks for the feedback everyone. Much appreciated. The Ultra replacement liner is still available from Intex for a little over $100. I've drained the pool today and will disassemble ahead of hurricane/tropical storm heading up the east coast next week. Hopefully Intex support is back online Monday. I'll look again for overlap liner. Still using the original pump; i know i need to upgrade and possible add a sand filter. That may be next springs's project :)

Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.