Greenville, SC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Looking at doing the skimmer and PVC conversion and think I've figured out how to run all that piping. My question that I can't seem to find an answer to is what to do with the two pump return inlets? They are currently the cheap clear-ish pipe with the pressure fittings, so not easily plumbed and I'd like to use the skimmer with a vac and so would need to be able to close the return inlets for pressure there. I'm sure someone has done it, just couldn't find anything on it.

Welcome to TFP :)

You can do a couple things.. I changed 1 to a suction side vacuum and the other 2 changed to return along with a wide mouth skimmer... has worked perfect for 9 years now..

Here is what I used to do it..

Thanks! I hadn't thought of using them as returns instead of suction inlets. Love that little shower spray piece! That seems like a great option.

Maybe a dumb question, but what's the thought behind using one as a vac instead of using the vac plate on the skimmer? Granted you have a larger pool and pump/filter, but I'd be concerned with not having enough pressure going to the vac side.

I had a pool cleaner connected to it at all times cleaning the pool whenever the pump ran.. great at what it did... :)

Indianajonsey...Welcome to TFP. You will without question find the best advice for upgrades, pool maintenance, and answers to any of your questions.. How about filling out your signature, making it easier to give accurate advice...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.