Intex Pump Not working

Hi!! I’m hoping I can get some help. I’m currently running an undersized intex sand filter/pump. I was given a larger one, it’s the sand filter/pump/SWG. We hook it up it powers on, attempted to push for just a second, and then hums.
Searching google says the humming is likely a failed capacitor. Buy a capacitor, it’s not the exact size the pump had but the cf number is the same and voltage is higher. We put it on, and the unit has power, but now we aren’t even getting a hum.
What did I break?! LOL We don’t have the money for a new pump or we would buy one. Our roof was damaged in a tornado and we had to repair it, and then our ac went out. We’re just trying to keep the kiddos cool on a budget! Lo

Hello! :wave: I'm not so sure the new capacitor you installed is compatible. Even so, it may be something else. Perhaps post a pic of the model number or label on each of those items you are working with so one of our motor experts can take a look. Worth a shot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.