Intex Pump leaking

Dpdickie

Jun 9, 2021
Houston TX
Model SF70110-2 - leaking between the pre-filter housing and the pump motor. We have used pool lube and purchased a new gasket as well. It has not worked since we took it out of the box. Sadly we bought it and stored it for a time. Intex has not been much help. It’s almost like the pieces do not fit properly to be able to seal properly. Leaks running or not.

Also, when it is plugged in, it pulls in a bunch of air from somewhere. The pool is new and all tubing. It did the same thing on the old pool. Not sure what to try.

Are you absolutely certain you have all the gaskets and o-rings in place? There are no cracks anywhere?

I had the same problem with my Intex 16 inch sand filter. The two O rings on the filter basket housing - one was being pulled by the pump mounting to be deformed which was then allowing water to get past it. I had to carefully put my finger there to keep the O ring in its droove as I slowly worked the basket housing on to the pump housing. Once properly seated it didn't leak.

Had same issue with mine when new. I lubed them and didnt help. I ended up wrapping a couple layers of teflon tape around them and very carefully installed. This stopped my leak. My next step was gonna be to find thicker orings or rtv.

new orings may help, be sure to lubricate them. Try not to stretch them during install.

i also was getting air in the system and it turned out to be from the very same oring leak. Once the leak stopped the air in the basket stopped.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.