Intex prism leg sleeves and new t - joints

Jul 3, 2014
norwich
Hi all
I am an old style Intex ultra owner looking to buy a replacement. The new ultras are too big so I am thinking of the prism frame (but those new plastic T-joints and leg sleeves make me nervous ! )
Does anyone own a new style intex with the plastic t's and leg sleeves ?
Do the leg sleeves prevent the legs from being pulled out straight and do the T- joints come loose without the pegs ?
My ground is within an inch level.

Let's give your post a bump and see if any members with those style pools can give some guidance.

My old intex prism frame (all metal) is rusting out. One leg just broke at the t-joint. My neighbor has the newer version with the plastic t-joint. No rust! For me, it's only $100 more to buy an entire replacement pool, so that is what I'm going to do. That way, I'll have a 2nd liner in case anything goes wrong over the next few years.

I am happy I just happened to log in today. I have an Intex Ultra Frame Pool 18' x 52" round. We have had this pool since 2014. I had to replace all the framing this year. I just went on their website and ordered framing for an Ultra XTR Frame pool. the parts are slightly different but when put all together works perfectly. and it was cheaper than buying another Intex pool...

Reactions: denwood
maybe this will help a future seeker....

I have the 20'x52" Intex Prism with the plastic Tee joints. Been up for a month now and they look to be very strong. I had to do some releveling of some of the legs and I used a high-lift jack (aka farm jack) to lift at the point of the Tee while did my shimming down below. No issues. If you try to keep the legs inward an perfectly vertical on level, the legs will be against the liner bladder and that causes the tee to be a point of stress. I let my legs point out just a bit and that joints looks a happier now.

I am happy I just happened to log in today. I have an Intex Ultra Frame Pool 18' x 52" round. We have had this pool since 2014. I had to replace all the framing this year. I just went on their website and ordered framing for an Ultra XTR Frame pool. the parts are slightly different but when put all together works perfectly. and it was cheaper than buying another Intex pool...
I had to the same thing exactly...the new legs/supports are powder coated inside and out now so should do a lot better with respect to rust.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.