Intex pool with hayward sand filter?

Jun 6, 2014
NYC
Hello all

I originally​ had a 21ft round abg pool and i got rod of it last season it was old but i did buy a new hayward sand filter and new aqua jet vaccum. We were thinking of buying a intex pool this summer the 20ft round one and i read that the filter is no good. Would my hayward work on this pool? I have 1.5 hp pump. What's anyone opinion on this if it would work?

I have a Hayward 21" sandfilter and 1.5HP PowerFlo Matrix pump on my 18' X 48" Ultra Frame, best thing I ever did, right after the thru wall skimmer (see link in signature)

There are quite a few threads here discussing these 'mods'.

I connected a 1.5HP Pentair super flow (that runs on a 220V), Hayward H150 gas heater and Large sand filter that I found on craigslist from a guy filling in his in ground pool to my 16'x48" intex. I added the through wall skimmer and a second return. It works great. I can raise the temperature of my pool 20 degrees in 8 hours or so. It is 85 right now. :)

If you have a powerful pump you want to add an additional suction and return. When I first set it up I had only one of each and the water was blasting out. Was probably hard on the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.