Intex Pool Winterizing. They don’t make clips for Intex pools.

owayslate

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
I have searched for Intex pool clipped for years. I could never find any. Through trial and error, here is what I do.

The best thing I ever bought for my pool is the Intex sand filter. It is so much stronger than the Intex cartridge filter that comes with the pool. There is no comparison.

With this filter there is no need to cover your pool in the summer. Your pool will stay clear.

The next best thing is Eclipse 3. Best chemical ever. Your pool will never be cloudy again. Expensive but lasts a long time.

Get a thru-the-wall skimmer.

Look up YouTube videos on installing on Intex pools.

Add these products to the skimmer to winterize your pool.

And this Amazon.com : Gizzmo 4101 Regular Original Above Ground and In-Ground Swimming Pool Skimmers : Swimming Pool Covers : Garden & Outdoor

Use a mesh cover for winter. The water passes thru but not the dirt and leaves. Use a pillow and pull the mesh cover taunt.

I cover the mesh cover with a leaf net and leave it on all winter. Pull this cover taunt as well.

Lots of stuff falls from our trees in spring so I leave the leaf net on. (some people remove theirs after the leave are done falling).

The leaf cover also keeps the mesh cover tight so the wind doesn’t blow it to shreds.

Lastly, I bought these ground anchors and spaced them out around the base of the pool. One anchor for each grommet.

I bought rubber adjustable bungee cords from Lowe’s and attach both covers to the anchors using these.

This seems like a lot but it is what I have found works best for me. I hope it can help someone else.

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: You have quite a list of items that I'm sure many AGP owners can relate to and take advantage of. Perhaps the only thing we would not recommend here at TFP is the Eclipse product only because of the introduction of copper to the water. Instead, we would recommend a Polyquat 60 algaecide for those who wish to use it as insurance to avoid algae. Poly 60 will not introduce metals. But over all good posting. Thanks for using the forum.

Reactions: thefloatqueen
Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: You have quite a list of items that I'm sure many AGP owners can relate to and take advantage of. Perhaps the only thing we would not recommend here at TFP is the Eclipse product only because of the introduction of copper to the water. Instead, we would recommend a Polyquat 60 algaecide for those who wish to use it as insurance to avoid algae. Poly 60 will not introduce metals. But over all good posting. Thanks for using the forum.

Polyquat 60 is the sanitizer in optifree contact lens solution so it's also safe for eyes. One of my favorite parts of that product.

Reactions: thefloatqueen
I love this post! This is my first winter with my Intex Ultra Frame. Do any Intex owners who leave their pools up all winter use a mesh cover? It seems like it would be a lot less stress on the frame than a solid one but I’d love to hear experiences. I’ll be following all these tips the OP mentioned minus the Eclipse product. I already bought my Polyquat 60 for when I close the first week of November. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.