Intex pool supply chain disruption??

Jul 17, 2018
Little Rock, AR
We buy an Intex EasySet pool (15*48) each summer for my kiddos (we found that it isn't worth patching the numerous holes after winter storage). Usually the cost is $199-220 through amazon suppliers. This year the EasySet pools are pretty much unavailable, and when you can find a 15*48 the cost starts around $680. Does anyone know what is going on? Has the supply chain for making these pools been completely disrupted due to Covid-19 and China factories?

I think it's not to do so much with supply but more so demand. Most are thinking that public pools will be closed this summer and are buying these cheaper Intex pools for this summer. I personally buy new intex pools at the end of the prior season on sale and store them in my basement until the next spring. I also went ahead and bought bags of pool salt, bleach, other pool related chemicals back in March incase of any shortages.

I think your best bet this year would be to forget about amazon and online retailers and scope out Walmart and other local retailers who might have them physically in stock. Sooner the better.

There is definitely an increase in demand. I have 2 close friends that would never have put up an Intex type pool up, search and pick one up in the last month. I have seen similar in my Facebook feed. A lot of people are bored, stuck at home, summer plans cancelled - time to get a pool!
I think your best bet this year would be to forget about amazon and online retailers and scope out Walmart and other local retailers who might have them physically in stock. Sooner the better.
This is how they found them, calling Costco / Walmart / Big Lots until they found someone who had just happened to get a shipment in. They didn't get the size they wanted, they just took what they could get.

Around April 15th we started looking at Intex’s website for a pool. Over the next few days we noticed the round pools were selling out. So we bought a 24’x12’ rectangle ultra XTR saltwater pool on the 22nd. Two days later that model was sold out. But the pool didn’t ship until yesterday May 7th. Intex has been practically shutdown with Covid-19.
Who knew above ground pools would be such a hot item?

Last edited:
If you never had a pool before, I would start off small and go with a 14X42. I have one, its good enough for me and my family.
If you anticipate leveling issues, a bigger pool would exacerbate the problem.

I usually get a new pool every 2-3 years due to the liner fading, and I was planning on getting one this year, but there is none to be found. I am glad I did not throw out my old pool, its still in the garage. A little faded, but otherwise functional.

I cant even find a replacement liner anywhere.

I am in Canada and have been trying to find an intex pool since last year. Made the mistake of getting rid of my 5 year old pool at the end of last summer. Finally found a summer escapes same size 16' round at Walmart online. Sold out right after I got mine. Ordered intex sand filter pump separately from Amazon. Crazy times!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.