Intex pool heater

Buchj2000

Apr 10, 2020
Uk
Hi all.

Recently bought a 15ft rectangular intex pool.

Kids are finding it cold. Bought a solar mat heater which doesn't really do anything

Looking for recommendations for a heater we can use with it that will actually make a difference

Hi all.

Recently bought a 15ft rectangular intex pool.

Kids are finding it cold. Bought a solar mat heater which doesn't really do anything

Looking for recommendations for a heater we can use with it that will actually make a difference

Hi Buchj, I've just joined this forum too and am spending time sifting through the posts. I see you're based in the UK like me, April has been kind to us so far, but the pools still been a tad cheeky so far. First thing I'd recommend is get yourself a solar cover if you don't already have one, otherwise any heat you put into the pool will be wasted come the night time. Secondly, I'm making an assumption that you'll be using electric to heat the water? The problem with electric heaters is they're very inefficient methods of heating water, power consumption wise. I'd be looking at about £50 a week for 5 hours running a day and that's using an economy 7 low rate! The electric heater I was originally looking at was the Nano. I've ended up going for a Hotsplash Heatpump for my 12ft diameter x 40" pool (approx 9500ltrs) it has a power consumption ratio 6 times less than a standard electric pump so should cost around £5 a week, the down side is, its a fair bit more upfront cost £385, but that should pay for itself within the year.

If you can use gas, ignore what I've just said!
Hope thats of help.

Hi Buchj, I've just joined this forum too and am spending time sifting through the posts. I see you're based in the UK like me, April has been kind to us so far, but the pools still been a tad cheeky so far. First thing I'd recommend is get yourself a solar cover if you don't already have one, otherwise any heat you put into the pool will be wasted come the night time. Secondly, I'm making an assumption that you'll be using electric to heat the water? The problem with electric heaters is they're very inefficient methods of heating water, power consumption wise. I'd be looking at about £50 a week for 5 hours running a day and that's using an economy 7 low rate! The electric heater I was originally looking at was the Nano. I've ended up going for a Hotsplash Heatpump for my 12ft diameter x 40" pool (approx 9500ltrs) it has a power consumption ratio 6 times less than a standard electric pump so should cost around £5 a week, the down side is, its a fair bit more upfront cost £385, but that should pay for itself within the year.

If you can use gas, ignore what I've just said!
Hope thats of help.

Is there a US equivalent for the Hotsplash?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.