Intex over wall skimmer/filter issues.

Mar 12, 2016
Topeka Kansas
Over the course of the last week or so, I've noticed that my filter is just not pulling any water into the over the wall skimmer I installed last year. It worked just fine last season but for some reason it isn't working so well now. The filter is very loud and sounds like it has air in it, but I don't see air in any of the lines. I had 2 of the stock Coleman cartridge filters, so I swapped them out today and I'm still having the same issue. Any idea what could be causing this? The water level is fine and the blue piece is floating freely while the base is still inside of the grey part (if that makes sense).

ive taken it apart, cleaned it and put it all back together with no luck.

Yep I pulled everything apart and checked it and flushed it just in case. Could it be my cartridges? I have the same 3 from last year that I cycled through every 3 days. I cleaned them by soaking them in dish detergent and rinsing heavily. Could they just be worn out and causing the filter to suffocate? I'm gonna go buy one later to test it out.

The cartridge filter will eventually clog, even though you've cleaned it off. You can try soaking it in muriatic acid, but if they're cheap enough, just replace it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.