Intex Newbie-How much Bleach?

BlondeeSue66 said:
The ph is at 7.2 after acid, the cl is still at 5 do I still add bleach even though it stayed stable? do I always add bleach each day or just when needed?
Thanks

You add enough bleach each day to keep your FC at the recommended levels according to the CYA chart. For your CYA of 30, your minimum level is 2, you "target" 4, and you shock to 12. Since you can only test to 5, and can't easily test for CC, we are just using 5 for now, since that's all you can do with the OTO.

When you get the good kit, you can test FC with the FAS-DPD more precisely and then we can determine if you need to shock, or let the FC remain at normal levels.

So each nite, you test your FC. Say for example its 2. You add enough bleach to raise the FC to 4. You will repeat the testing/bleach addition the next nite. Say the next nite the FC is 3, you don't have to add as much bleach to reach 4. I hope that makes sense. You will test each nite until you get to know your pool, then you might be able to swing every other night. :wink:

You're doing great. :goodjob:

Hi BlondeeSue66,

Just chiming in to say "hi" and you are doing great!

When you get some time, please add your pool and equipment specs in your sig and your location in your profile. "How to" info is in Pool School.

Welcome to the forum :wave:

hello Butterfly :-D

I am not sure what you mean by specs and posting them. Could you be a little more informative. I have had so much on my mind that I prob just overlooking what you mean and is something simple. Thanks I am learning. I should be getting my test kit soon. Just hope my son takes care of things when I go to visit someone in the middle of June for 3 days. I would like to say to anyone going to need Muriatic acid I found it at Aces for $2.99 a quart and they said it would only be 3 something for a gallon. so shop around Lowes was more pricey then I thought!

:wave: Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.