INTEX: Liner ripped over top rail...

Jun 4, 2016
Walterboro
We've got a 24' round Intex pool.
We shut our pool down last year right before Hurricane Matthew. The high winds & heavy rains flexed & over filled it so much that the vinyl ripped on the top where the rail slips through to the T-connectors.
Is there ANY way to repair this?

I am having the same issue. What did you end up doing? Did it work? Were your tears all the way across?
We have a 16' round Intex ultra frame pool and have a couple of tears in the liner in the same place you described. One is just about an inch long and another is about 5 inches long. I am hoping to repair it.

I am having the same issue. What did you end up doing? Did it work? Were your tears all the way across?
We have a 16' round Intex ultra frame pool and have a couple of tears in the liner in the same place you described. One is just about an inch long and another is about 5 inches long. I am hoping to repair it.

I thought I heard a mention of Gorilla tape for fraying?

I'm usually all for rigging things together and cheap fixes, but not for this. This is a safety issue and someone could get seriously injured if the rip was to give way. It could cause a domino effect and the whole pool could collapse in an instant. Many tons of water rushing downhill, taking kids, pets and whatever else with it could really nasty.

Buy a new liner. Sorry!

I'm usually all for rigging things together and cheap fixes, but not for this. This is a safety issue and someone could get seriously injured if the rip was to give way. It could cause a domino effect and the whole pool could collapse in an instant. Many tons of water rushing downhill, taking kids, pets and whatever else with it could really nasty.

Buy a new liner. Sorry!

This was almost exactly what the Rep I spoke to at INTEX said.
You could slow the rip down by coating it in rubber cement & a high tensile strength patch, but the inevitable is going to happen. The weight of the water is going to take its toll. It will continue to rip, and you pool will fail.

I understand this is not the news that people want to hear. I was mad as H#LL when I heard it too. I cut my liner, drained the pool on my own terms, rather than while it was full of 14,000 gallons of water & children...

Best of luck to ANYONE facing this dilemma...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.