Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump Combo Question

Asteas

May 23, 2020
Texas
I just put up an Intex 18' pool that comes with the Krystal Clear Sand Filter. I *think* it is pulling water and filtering it as I see water go down and into the pump and then out the jet spray but I think this is mostly gravity. I also tried to connect a vacuum to the intake hose to vacuum the pool and there is just no suction.
Moreover, I cannot turn the handle on the 6 way valve. I took the top off of the pump and removed the handle and made sure nothing obvious in there jamming it. But saw nothing.
What else can I do to troubleshoot or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!

You're pushing down on the handle then turning? What is the setting on the valve now? Is it set to filter?
Yes, I am pushing down and the pump is off. It is set to filter at the moment.
It is sucking. I put a above water skimmer kit on this morning and put the low flow adapter on the other intake in the pool and the skimmer is sucking water into the basket. I'll have to figure out something else for the vacuum, but the handle still does not turn.

Yes, I am pushing down and the pump is off. It is set to filter at the moment.
It is sucking. I put a above water skimmer kit on this morning and put the low flow adapter on the other intake in the pool and the skimmer is sucking water into the basket. I'll have to figure out something else for the vacuum, but the handle still does not turn.
I use a plug on the other intake and hook vacuum to the intake that my skimmer is on. Thats the only way I can get enough suction to vac efficienctly.

I use a plug on the other intake and hook vacuum to the intake that my skimmer is on. Thats the only way I can get enough suction to vac efficienctly.
Thank you very much, I will try that. Now I have to find a vac that has a hose that will fit on that fitting the skimmer uses (Intex Skimmer Adapter B). I have 'vacuum' hose I bought from a pool supply store. One end says put on vac and other is typical rubber/plastic type. The vac end will fit over the adapter but the actual end that should will not, no matter how hard I try to get it to snug over it. I'll probably see if there's some type of adapter or hose fitting that will make it work.
Basically I have this for the skimmer:

And I figured I would pull the hose/tube off and go onto that blue part (in the pool).

Thanks so much for your replies!

Thank you very much, I will try that. Now I have to find a vac that has a hose that will fit on that fitting the skimmer uses (Intex Skimmer Adapter B). I have 'vacuum' hose I bought from a pool supply store. One end says put on vac and other is typical rubber/plastic type. The vac end will fit over the adapter but the actual end that should will not, no matter how hard I try to get it to snug over it. I'll probably see if there's some type of adapter or hose fitting that will make it work.
Basically I have this for the skimmer:

And I figured I would pull the hose/tube off and go onto that blue part (in the pool).

Thanks so much for your replies!
I use the intex vac. Just unscrew the skimmer and hook up the vac. I think i got it in a kit with a net, brush, pole, etc...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.